Rooted in the Landscape - Symposium
The launch of the exhibition will be followed by a symposium at Kings College London, where Paintings in Hospitals will lead discussions on the influence of representations of landscape on wellbeing.
The symposium welcome and introduction will be from Prof. Victoria Tischler, Professor of Arts & Health and Head of Dementia Care at the University of West London. Speakers include:
- Amisha Karia (Head of Collection, Loans and Programming, Paintings in Hospitals) and Jodie Edwards (Loans Coordinator, Arts Council Collection)
Panel 1: Urban Hospitals
- Roisin Callaghan (Curator, Milton Keynes University Hospital)
Modern Landscape in the Hospital Space
- Helena Copsey (Arts Manager, Great Ormond Street Hospital)
Recurring Landscapes: Three Projects at Great Ormond Street Hospital
Panel 2 - Art Making
- Claire Flahavan (Senior Art Therapist, Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Dublin).
Lost and Found: Locating Meaning Within the Landscape of Grief
- Simon Carter (Artist)
Panel 3 - Safe Spaces / Photography
- Eleanor Babb (Arts for Health Project Worker, South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust)
Landscape Photography as a Therapeutic Intervention
- Daniel Regan (Photographer) & Antonia Attwood (Artist)
Be Here, Now (2017)
The symposium is in partnership with the Arts Health Early Career Research Network and King’s College London Health and Humanities Society.